ACTION PLAN FOR CENTRE FOR ROAD SAFETY
- Coordinate setting up of a National Road Safety Strategy Group comprising officials and civil society members to support/strengthen road safety interventions and contribute to capacity building of multiple stakeholders nation-wide.
- Initiate steps to develop National Road Safety Resource Tools containing relevant details of road safety officials, enforcement agencies, NGOs, and so on, such as:
- ÔÇ£National Best Practices CompendiumÔÇØ of road safety promotion strategies in various states.
- ÔÇ£National Road Safety LibraryÔÇØ containing prototypes of road safety education and awareness materials (in main languages of India), film archives, and so on.
- ÔÇ£National Road Safety DirectoryÔÇØ of officials, NGOs, trainers, suppliers of road safety equipment, educational accessories etc.
- ÔÇ£National Road Safety Lookout DatabaseÔÇØ of repeat offenders and dangerous drivers on National Highways
- Activate National Digital Network of community-level youth groups such as road safety clubs, NCCS, Scouts & Guides, SPCs, NSS etc. These groups will be trained and guided to work for road safety in their own communities
- Establish a ÔÇ£National Road Safety Education InstituteÔÇØ to formulate, implement and modify ÔÇô as needed ÔÇô strategies and frameworks for road safety education for multiple sections of society, especially educational institutions.
- Documentation, Research & Analysis Unit to (i) conduct, collect and create research materials on various aspects of road safety, and (ii) assess and design educational/awareness materials┬á for various sections of road users.