The core area of Centre for Road Safety are as follows:-
- Content and course development
- Training and orientation
- Information Education Communication (IEC)
- Research and Documentation
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Liaison and Advocacy
This Centre has an objective to carry out technical and multi-disciplinary work that requires engagement of experts and agency working in the area of road safety. Therefore, Centre for Road Safety will conduct following functions as mentioned below-
- Awareness generation about the different laws, provision, schemes and projects relating to Road safety among its various stakeholders
- Spread literacy among various sections of society and promote awareness of the safeguards available related to Road Safety issues.
- Develop course material on Road Safety issues.
- Promote research advocacy and communication that is relevant to policy and issues centered on Road Safety issues.
- Research and publication- review the existing mechanism, policy and laws of Road safety and suggestive measures
- Serve as an active meeting ground, forum and platform of emerging ideas for all groups involved in promoting development and in enhancing realization of Road safety
- Provide para legal, legal support and build awareness for road safety.
- Strengthen the existing structures and institution related to road safety
- Produce films, undertake research, studies, documentation, and video documentation in order to raise and bring public awareness on Road safety issues
- Help and facilitate effective implementation of different projects of the Central and State Government for educational and social development of all categories of stakeholders
- Prepare and publish papers, articles, booklets, journals, news-letters, bulletins, posters, web pages etc.
- Organize training, seminars, workshops, conferences, public hearings and such other measures as may be necessary
- Do all such other deeds and things either alone or in conjunction with others as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the objects of the Centre